Saturday, September 11, 2010

Newton Eagles Football

The Eagles played the Tigers last night at Newton. It was our first home game for the season and Newton won 27-12!! The boys played a great game. We had our Future Cheerleader Camp for girls from Jasper County, grades K-8 this week and they performed their dance and cheer at halftime of the game. They did really well, as did our own girls throughout the entire night! We have gotten so many compliments from the crowd about how great our girls are this year..which is really exciting! Below you will find a few of my favorite pictures that capture last night's action. You can go to my photography website to check out more.

I have decided to totally switch over to Eagle Pride! I am learning to love the community and school, and the kids are just wonderful! For the past 2 years that I have been teaching at NCHS, I arrived at the last minute and left as soon as I could. I just couldn't stand to be there any longer than I had to..and I also didn't understand how Rylan could want to spend sooo much time at Noble. But I totally get it now! I'm super involved with everything at the school and I'm getting to know so many people that I actually enjoy every day I spend in Newton!

Especially after the way the Olney boys acted last night! 2 of their players would not shake our boys hands before the game(and I used to babysit for one of them!! argh!) and one of them punched a Newton player in the chest on the field(refs did not see it apparantly). I've heard that Olney has discipline issues and I always knew Newton and Olney were rivals...but there is NO excuse for the way Olney's team acted last night. The boys were very cocky for no reason at all..whereas our boys are some of the best ever! They all have GREAT sportsmanship and are just all around, a great group of boys! So I'm sold! I have Eagle Pride! Good game Eagles!







No comments: