Wednesday, November 5, 2008

BarackTails Anyone?

Oh yes! It was a late night last night for me. Didn't go to bed till 10:30. YIKES! That's late for me. We knew all along Barack would make us proud! Change is what we need and change is what we will get, along with history in the making. My family and I are huge Obama supporters and we were so excited last night when he won! He took states that haven't voted Democratic in decades! Leslie, Samantha, Rhett, and I watched the Road to 270 while Pat drank BarackTails(instead of cocktails). Then he headed into the Court House, Democratic Headquarters, and VFW with mom. What a night! We knew he would pull it off!! We have been behind him since he ran for the Senate in 2004. Mom and Pat have went to see him several times. We have buttons, stickers, magnets, and t-shirts that show our support for him. We only hope that we will prove the McCain supporters wrong and turn this country around.

Rylan and I were talking last night, and many of our students swear this world is coming to an end. Many students only see what is shown in the commercials and on TV. However, I have a few students that prove their peers wrong by pulling up the candidate's websites for the truth! It amazes me how the students really are involved in the politics.

Congratulations Barack Obama on a successful election! I look forward to see the changes that he has in store for us in the future!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I can see Pat drinking BarackTails! I was at work when I heard. One of my managers came running into the store screaming with the news. We were all pretty pumped last night. The news is saying this is the first time people have "spilled into the streets" after and election. I totally see why. Anything is possible at this point. I am so glad that August will experience an African-American president.