Thursday, November 20, 2008

Field Trip

I took my first field trip yesterday! All by myself too! I took 5 juniors from my Web Design I class to Olney to check out their WTGR News equipment and sit in on their Web Design class. The kids loved it and we got some really great ideas! During Mrs. Caraway's prep period, we created a video of our own, added in some footage in front of the green screen, edited the timeline, put in some music, and viola..we have a movie to show the rest of the Web Design kids today! I am so excited to incorporate video production into Web Design II next year. To get the kids geared up for it and give everyone a little taste of what's in store for next year, I think we are going to create a really cool commercial to advertise the Saddie Hawkins Dance in the Spring.

I thought the day went really well and so did the kids. We all learned more than I thought we would and it was a very productive day! We even made a bloopers video from the day spent at ERHS! It was neat going back to my high school. Things have changed a LOT though. Rules are not as strict, cell phones are basically okay as long as they are not used during class, new teachers, rude students, and many other things. It's different when you step away from things and look back at it all. The departments that were strong when I was there still seem to be the strong departments now...especially Ag! Wow! Very popular!

Anyways, our day was great and I cannot wait to show my Web Design class, colleagues, and administration what we learned!

No comments: