Monday, July 13, 2009

Fair Comes and Goes

I must say that I am very excited that the Richland County Fair is over! I usually look forward it the events and enjoy watching them...and I was able to do that this year..with a little stress piled on top. I worked just under a 100 hours from July 3 - July 11...nine days total. One day..I worked 13.5 hours..how crazy is that!! I worked in the Fair Board Office taking entries and learning the ropes of the everyday things that must happen in order for the events and shows to happen and for people to get paid. It was very stressful..yet a ton of fun at the same time!

Since fair is over..that means school will start before I know it. To end our summer..Rylan, Jesse, and I are going to Gulf Shores, Alabama to The Beach Club the last week of July. We are staying for 3 nights, 4 days. Just a short vaca to relax and enjoy the last few days of summer that we have left. We're very excited and I'm glad Rylan finally convinced me to go. I was very skeptical about taking a 2nd vaca this summer..but since I worked at the fair for a stressful 9 days..and everyone tells us to take as many vacations by ourselves as we can now, while we don't have children..I decided that it would be a great stress reliever for us to go! So..a month and a half after our honeymoon..off to the beach we go again!

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Wow Mrs. Rusk, I am an hour away from Gulf Shores, Alabama until the beginning of August. I have family that lives down here! I just had to comment on that!

-Kylie

A said...

Well kudos to you! I hope you're enjoying your summer!! We will be lost in yearbook without you!!