Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Frolicking We'll Go

We were supposed to put up Christmas lights at Mom's today. It's a tradition! We all get together and spend an entire afternoon decorating the outside of her house with lights. We've done this for years! Even whenever we were in high school..we'd skip school (I know, we were bad kids!!!) and surprise her by having all the lights hung before she'd get off work. But..mom sorted through her lights this year..and after finding that half of the strands do not work..she decided that she didn't really want to do lights this year. ARGHH!! I'm still frustrated about it. People look forward to driving down the highway and seeing their house all lit up for Christmas. And besides..their house looks beautiful with lights on it! Bah Humbug!

So instead..we spent a few hours in Amity today frolicking in the woods and down by the creek and walking the trails.

Me, Rylan, Bart, Jen, Mom, and Lainey had a great day outside in the beautiful weather. We walked by and around the Sycamore forest where the Sycamore trees are growing so thick, you can't even walk through them.

I found lots of grasses that I want to cut and dry and put in an old crock on my front porch. They both have a little bit of fuzziness to them and they're absolutely beautiful to look at in the sunlight.





I found a really cool tree to climb..or shimmy up. Pretty sure I stripped the tree of all it's bark. I scooted the entire way across the tree..I wasn't tall enough to hold onto the branches above me like Jen was.



I finally made it halfway across where Jen and I stopped to chill for a bit.



Then we were off to the other end of the tree where we could hop down. Or at least that's what I thought I could do..but not so much. I'm not the most graceful person..as you can see in the picture below. I was freakin out because I was laying on my side about to fall off the tree..trying to figure out how I was gonna get down..and it was a longer drop than I thought.

But eventually..I jumped down and nearly landed on Rylan's shoulder. Jen is a bit more graceful than I am..and she came down with a little assistance from Bart and no major problems. I love days like today! No agenda to stick to..nothing to rush home to do..just a leisurely day of frolicking in the woods.

No comments: