Sunday, November 7, 2010

A trip to Nashville...

...is soon approaching! In a little over a month, we will be heading to Nashville to see Garth Brooks in concert! Yes...you read correctly! GARTH BROOKS!! He is performing 7 straight nights in the middle of December to raise money for the Nashville flood.
Rylan, Jen, and I tried for nearly 20 minutes Saturday morning before finally getting 6 tickets for his Thursday night concert! Bart, Jen, me, Rylan, Sam, and whoever Sam decides to take, are going to spend Thursday and Friday night in downtown Nashville. We are planning to relax and do some sight seeing..no shopping!!!! Jen and I both were jumping up and down and screaming our lungs out when she was finally able to get through and order all 6 tickets! It will be a much needed little vacation! We are overly excited and feel VERY lucky to even have gotten tickets.

Growing up with a family obsession of Garth Brooks only makes this concert that much more special! Dad was more than obsessed..which rubbed off on all of us! I can remember when Mom and Dad took Jen and I to our first and only Garth Brooks concert. I was probably 7 and Jen 9. We were SO excited and I remember being in the brown van while we were driving to the concert...and Mom and Dad gave us Little Tikes yellow binoculars. I remember using them during the concert..and I remember the energy in the air. Oh! I remember that he gave a little girl his guitar..other than that..I'm not sure I can recall much. But I remember he was awesome and put on a great show!

Anytime I mention Garth Brooks, Mimi has to tell the story of me when I was little. I was staying the night at her house..I'm gonna guess I was about 10 years old..because I think this was said when I was at her house watching Garth on TV, performing his concert in Central Park. Mimi says that while he was singing...I looked over at her, with my feet propped up on the couch, toes wiggling in excitement..and said " Look Mimi! Garth Brooks makes my toes twinkle!"  That has always been the joke when I mention him. So I called Mimi after we got the tickets and told her the news..and that my toes would get to twinkle while watching him LIVE in concert this time! She just laughed at me.

No comments: