Friday, November 25, 2011

Back At It Again

I've decided it's too cold to run outside anymore..and I don't like taking time away from our evenings together. So I broke down and bought a membership to the gym..which I have missed so much! For the past three mornings..I've been hard at it before it's even light outside..trying to shed these last few pounds. I do the usual..run a few miles on the treadmill..do a few ab and back workouts..then either do arms or legs. Yesterday, I hopped on the elliptical before I left, just to burn a few extra calories to help compensate for both Thanksgiving meals. Then today..I thought I'd hop on the bike and ride some miles on it. While I was riding..I kept looking at the screen(you ride through scenic routes) next to me. I didn't think much of it until I kept riding faster and faster...and thought of when mom and I would workout together..and we'd always ride the bikes together..on the same route..and race each other. I can't wait for the day when she can go back to the gym with me so we can race on the bikes again!

I've almost always had a workout buddy. Mom and I worked out every morning before I got married..then we'd either walk in the evenings until it was too dark/cold and every morning in the summer. Then when I was at Newton..I'd walk/run with two different friends(one during lunch and the other after school). So I'm not quite used to this whole working out by myself thing yet. But I'm getting there..with my iPod attached to my arm to keep me company! :-)

As for the rest of the family..everyone is great! Breada is almost 2 months old! Oh how time flies!! She's becoming more and more interactive! We love it!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I would exercise with you!

Renee said...

Oh how I miss exercising with you.