Monday, January 18, 2010

Another First For Us!

So yesterday was mom's birthday..HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! We celebrated her birthday with everyone at Mimi's by eating lunch. My job was to make a pie..my first pies ever made all by myself..with Rylan's help of course. We love to bake and cook!

I made a dessert a couple weeks ago that was an apple-blackberry crumble. So I did the same thing this time..only in the version of a pie. I did a crumble top and a crust top pie.

Rylan and I spent most of our evening and morning making these two pies so they would turn out just perfect! And oh did they ever! I finally got to use my pie placemat and rolling pin sock(we call it a rolling pin condom) from Mimi!

This is Rylan rolling out the extra dough on the pie placemat..notice the rolling pin condom being used also..we gotta protect the great antique rolling pin! :-P We used the extra dough to make pin-wheels..like Mimi used to when we were little. (Don't mind his hair..this was shortly after we crawled out of bed Sunday morning.)


Oh yum! I love fresh blackberries!


Pies before baking.


The yummy pin-wheels we made.


Mom blowing out her candles. The picture before this was not appropriate..so I had to post one of her blowing out the candles instead of her smiling.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rylando looks absolutely thrilled to be helping :)
Give your Mother a kiss and Happy Birthday for me.