Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

So I get up this morning..knowing full well that it was St. Patrick's Day and that my mom would turn EVERYthing she possibly could to green. However, this time..she has taken green to an all new level. She put food coloring in the dog water and cat water... and even worse... the toilets! And yes mom..I did notice that the water in the toilet was green this morning! hehe...I just thought you were extremely strange at the moment for doing so and I wanted to pretend that you were slightly normal for a bit! Oh yes..and of course our milk was green. That is always expected! And therefore...my oatmeal this morning was green. But let me tell you..the crazy lady that I live with..the one that I call my mom..she did not even wear green today!! She is obsessed with turning everything green on St. Patrick's Day... but she didn't wear any?!? Hmm..there's a problem with that. I'm really suprised that she hasn't put green food coloring in our water well yet...honestly!

I can remember when we were little and the pancakes and eggs for breakfast would be green. We'd have green jello and mashed potatoes. Green milk and O.J. and Apple Juice and EVERYthing would be green! However...our milk used to go bad before we would finish it...I guess we thought that was a little extreme and that it looked really nasty. Oh well..I'm sure my children will say the same about me..because I know I will be as crazy as my own mother when it comes to St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone! I hope yours is as eventful and exciting as mine always is!

1 comment:

Browningblog said...

LOLOLOL Amy, the first St. Patty's day that I worked for your mom, she talked me into coloring our milk green--I did and Cole Purdy had stayed all night so I made pancakes, of course they were green because of the milk--Cole wouldn't have anything to do with them so he asked if he could just have a bowl of cereal--well, yes, you can but it would have green milk on it; no go. Needless to say, it was the LAST time I colored the milk green, but what is funny is Cole will mention that to this day! And by the way, after I read this, I realized--I didn't wear a stitch of green either!