Friday, April 16, 2010

The Joys of a Child - Part 2934798237497234

I swear Rylan and I need to start writing down everything August does when she comes over. She makes us laugh harder than we think possible. I picked Aug up from Deb's today after school and she spent the evening with us, since we weren't here to celebrate her birthday with her.....we were on our cruise. I walked in the door and ran up to me and hugged me as she usually does..but then she looked around and said.."But where's Rylan?" I told her that he was at work and she became concerned and wondered if she would get to see him. And she's incredibly dramatic..which makes everything she does 10 times better.

We come back to our house and she pulls out some toys. She goes into the office..because that's where all the books are..and as I'm pulling out some books to read..she sees Rylan's guitar. She looks at it and says, "Oh how neat Amy! What is this thing? Can I touch it? What does it do? Oh please let me play with it!!" And this absolutely kills me! I can hear her voice now. So we pulled it out and she played it for awhile..then I played it for her while she played the harmonica. We had our own little 2ManBand.
After we played for a bit..we decided to go to Wal-Mart to let her pick out something for her birthday..and we came home with a water ball..made to bounce in the pool..and a Radio Flyer PINK Flowered Scooter!! It is freakin' adorable and she was even able to ride it all by herself once we brought it home.
It's the perfect size for her..and the three wheels allow her to ride it without having to balance. She thought she was pretty cool riding it up and down our hallway and stopping at each room to look inside.
She may have gotten the wrong idea..I had to explain to her that it was a scooter..not a stage for her to dance on...as she soon fell off. The picture above kills me!

We ate Joe's with Leslie and Rhett and Rylan..and as we had all just finished eating, August stuck her finger in the straw hole of her cup and couldn't get her finger out..she looked at me with a terrified face and said, "Oh no! My finger's stuck!" I helped her remove her finger..and then we all laughed at her facial expression because she was so dramatic. We asked her as we were leaving Joe's if she'd like to get some ice cream..and she replied, "Oh! Chilly Willys?!?" Well of course! Nothing but the best!! So we got sundae's at Chilly Willy's and took them to mom's house to eat them before taking her back to Deb's.

She peed in the potty for me twice!! Dry diaper the whole time! :-P There's just something to be said about a child that is so fun to be around and who makes you laugh non-stop. Rylan and I about peed our pants at mom's laughing at her. She wanting Rylan and I both to sit next to her and 'enjoy' our ice cream with her. She is so dramatic and she pays such close attention to detail that it blows my mind! Rylan and I definitely enjoy every minute we get to spend with her..as she lightens our hearts and makes us laugh till we cry! We love you Aug!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Looking at your post title, she must have touched the computer at some time during the night. It looks like something she would write. I am so glad that August gets to spend time with you guys. She talks about you all the time when she is at home. You are a really great influence on her. She loves you so much. I can't imagine what her life would be like without you.

A said...

Oh and we can't imagine ours without her either!!