Thursday, October 14, 2010

2 Years!

AHH!! I can't believe I missed my 2 year anniversary of my blog! I started my blog on October 9th of 2008. I always remember because it is when we have our fall Parent/Teacher Conferences..which are currently going on! I have 7 parents coming to see me between tonight and tomorrow morning. While that will only take up about an hour of the 8.5 hours allotted for the conferences, I have plenty of things to keep me busy! Including emailing and calling other parents that chose not to come (positive contacts always!!), working on the Student of the Month certificates and letters, entering in attendance grades, planning for the next few weeks, cleaning up my classroom, organizing fundraisers for the Class of 2013, writing referrals for missed days...the list could go on! I think teachers need 1 day a month to just catch up! There is not enough time in the day to get everything done that needs to be done. I always leave school with a list of things that I need to do on my desk...just waiting for me when I get back the next morning. Buuuuut...I love my job! So it's totally worth it!!

This is what my classroom looks like tonight. Pretty boring. 4 parents down..3 more to go. I don't like an empty classroom. I like it to be filled with chatty children! Monday will come and I will my chatty children back. But for tonight and tomorrow, I'll get some work done and enjoy my quiet time.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I want to teach!!!!!!!!!!!!!